Who We Are
For more than half a century, Passages has been dedicated to helping people with intellectual disabilities or other challenges thrive in the community at work, at home, and at play.
The journey began in 1954 with a group of parents seeking learning opportunities for their children, who were not being educated in the public schools. With the help of numerous community supporters, Passages now fulfills the dreams of more than 200 men, women and children throughout northeast Indiana.
Committed, compassionate staff and partners – our Dream Team – work to enhance people’s quality of life through social and work skills training, career opportunities, internships, healthy families guidance, and residential services.
Our empowering passages to promise, possibilities and partnerships:
- Identify jobs that bring the greatest satisfaction and income.
- Foster living arrangements that maximize independence and quality of life.
- Create environments that promote beneficial interactions among peers and others.
Our Mission: To join with others to support people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in living, learning, working and socializing in the community through the use of quality practices
Our Vision: To be a premier provider of quality supports that meet or exceed participant need and enable people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities to discover their potential and achieve the quality of life they desire.
– We value partnership development with our employees, our referral sources, persons and families served, and the community
– We provide supports that involve the pers served in making choices
– Dignity, respect and personal responsibility are key values in our delivery of supports
– We adapt our services and training to each customer’s needs as they move through life stages
– We believe in the financial health of the organization
– We believe that a commitment to human resources in an environment of continuous improvement and learning is essential
– We value a diverse community
– We believe in making the community a better place