17 Jul Waiver Team Lead
Waiver Team Lead
Reports To: Supported Living Supervisor
Interested applicants contact Sonya Rubrake at 244-9320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prefer 2 years IDD experience or 1 year study in related field and 1 year IDD experience or CNA certification.
- Valid driver’s license. Reliable transportation.
- Proof of current auto insurance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Certification in CPI, CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration (Core A & Core B) and any other training specified.
- Assist in the development and assure implementation of the Individual Service Plans (ISP).
- Support and assist persons served in accord with their ISP.
- Monitor continually each person’s progress on his/her service plan. Suggests updates and revisions that may need to be made to the appropriate QIDP.
- Report any issues related to DSPs to the appropriate Supported Living Supervisor.
- Teach, model, and support direct support professionals (DSPs) to implement each person’s plan, including the self-management plan.
- Monitor use of psychotropic medications and advocate for reductions, as possible.
- Ensure documentation from DSPs and outside professionals is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Assure quality services in the home(s) by observing interaction between DSPs and each individual.
- Assume primary advocacy role for each individual, including supporting and assisting individuals with problem solving and decision-making and managing inappropriate behavior.
- Ensure compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Ensure agency and consultant (behavioral, pharmacist, dietician, therapists, etc.) compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Work direct service hours weekly as determined by supervisor.
- Assure the completion, accuracy and thoroughness of reports and documentation.
- Develop weekly schedules for assigned home(s). Ensures that all shifts are covered. Adjusts schedules when persons served are not in the home.
- Ensure staff is scheduled to attend all medical appointments. Ensures all documents from these appointments are fully completed and given to the Wellness Coordinator. Ensures all documentation including Pink Notes are thoroughly completed. Ensures all prescriptions are faxed to the pharmacy.
- Monitor each person’s Cash on Hand.
- Submit and complete the Money Request form weekly.
- Be available to 24 hour on call for assigned home(s).
- Attend all Quarterly and Annual meetings for assigned home(s).
- Assists the Supported Living Supervisors by providing input on the hiring of potential DSPs for assigned home(s).
- Attend monthly House Meetings and Team Lead Meetings.
- Ensures medication checks are completed and communicate any medication issues to the Wellness Coordinator and/or pharmacy.
- Reports all medical issues/concerns to the Wellness Coordinator.
- Awareness/knowledge of Medicaid, BQIS, OSHA, CARF, and ADA standards relevant to position.
- Meet all aspects of the agency/department policies and procedures, personnel policies and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds several times daily.
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Physical restraint/redirection of individuals.
- Block assaults and physically redirect aggressive individuals.
- Bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Ability to assist an individual to have proper personal hygiene and restroom skills.
- Good eye/hand coordination.
- Welcomes change/willing to try new ideas Maintains good work ethic.
- Follows through on commitments to individuals, data requirements and training.
- Exhibits positive, professional manner.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently.
- Problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge of infection control/universal precautions.
- Knowledge of home and community safety.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains open communication with confidentiality.
- Seeks feedback from team members, supervisor, consumers, families, employers, etc.
- Active team player.
- Understanding of agency policies and procedures.
Passages’ agency and within a 50 mile range in community.